Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I am thankful for...

Since tomorrow is Thanksgiving I thought it would be appropriate to list all my blessings and things that I am thankful for.


Being raised by two amazing parents.  Having a big brother who was/is always sticking up for me when people pick on me :) .  Having a very strong connection and friendship with my grandma...I dont think many people can relate to the relationship that she and I have.  My dog-as weird as it sounds, she is the world to me.  Music..its such a big part of my life, I dont know where I would be without it.  Being blessed with a good singing voice...thanks to my dad. My husband.  He is my rock and I love him so much. He is my best friend. Having a good paying job that is flexible and that I have fun doing. I'm thankful for Robbie's promotion at work...more money to save for school.  My mind. My mind works in a mysterious way that many people cant understand...it is so free spirited, creative and free thinking and I am grateful for that.  Im thankful for the ability to play the piano...thanks to my mom and her good piano playing genes. I'm thankful for the ability to write (what i think are good) songs.  For all the terrible mistakes I have made in the past...I know now that they happened for a reason; to help others who are going through the same thing and to mean it when i say "I know how you feel".  The Gospel and my testimony..and for knowing that Heavenly Father is my friend, and not a scary man full of wrath like alot of other religions view Him as.  Ingrid Michaelson, Regina Spektor, Norah Jones, Ella Fitzgerald, and Ace Enders for making beautiful music that I can relate to and get inspiration from. You-tube and Facebook...for keeping me sane while i sit on the computer at work copy and pasting all day.  My apartment ..it may not look like much but its a place to sleep and spend time with my husband, and i am thankful for that. My best friend Lacey McQuade. She is the best friend I have ever had and will ever have. For growing up in Casper, Wyoming.  As much as I wanted out as a kid, I now know of its beauty and how amazing that place is. I wish I would have never taken that place for granted.  I'm thankful for my husbands will power and work ethic. Because of him and his goals for life, I know that i will be able to stay home with our future kids and pick a career that will make me happy. For the new Nikon SLR camera I bought and for the amazing future pictures I will take and memories I will capture with it. Im thankful that I have my dad's eyes...not only do I love my dad's eyes, but everytime i look in the mirror i see a part of him in me and that makes me feel special.  Snow. Its beautiful and i have so much fun playing with it.  Beanies. I have more bad hairdays than anyone i know and therefore i am VERY thankful for beanies. The Office. Not many things make me laugh as hard as that show. Disney movies. They are a HUGE part of who i am as dumb as that sounds haha. I dont know what i would do without the movies disney makes. I watch a disney movie or at least part of one almost everyday. (Mostly when im in bed going to sleep). Mittens. My hands are always cold.  Good books that I just get lost in. For a free country...thankful for it while it lasts.


lastly..my writers block is wearing off!! I havent written any music in almost a year...and guess what! I wrote today! woooo! i am pretty excited. even if my inspiration came because i am high on muscle relaxants. a song is a song. :)


HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

2 comments:

  1. I just learned something else we have in common!!! We both have our dads eyes and we love it! :)
    This is going to sound super cheesy but that was a beautiful post. Love you!

    ReplyDelete