Monday, August 22, 2011

2 years.

I have been meaning to post since earlier this month, but the pictures I want are on our hard drive and I can't get it to work. So here is my post without pics.  Sad panda.

Robbie and I celebrated our 2 year wedding anniversary on August 6th.  It was probably one of the best dates he and I have ever had! We started off by dropping Brynn off at my mother-in-law's house. Then we headed into Salt Lake City.  First stop: The Grand America Hotel...can I just say how amazing that place is inside? Someday when we have more money, I want to spend a weekend there! Anyways, I wanted to go into the bakery they have there for some authentic French macaroons.  They were DELICIOUS! I will definitely be going back.  The bakery there is probably the cutest things I have ever seen. It's something you would normally only see in a dream.

After the bakery, we headed over to the Melting Pot.  Funny story....So we wanted to try somewhere new, and had heard great things about this restaurant.  As soon as we ordered our drinks, we looked at the menu and OW WA WEE WA that food is over the top expensive! We didn't want to just leave, so we just laughed and decided we would order. (Which even though its not really in our budget, the memories from this place are worth the cash)  But just let me tell you...that place is amazing. We ordered one of the "cheaper" options on the menu, which is a four course meal for two.  We started off with some cheese fondue that words really can't describe.  They gave us a variety of dippers to dip into the cheese.  Delicious.  2nd course was a reallllly good salad.  Third course was our meal.  Since there is a burner on every table, they make and keep the fondues and broth right there on your table.  They brought out a variety of assorted meats and then we cook it ourself in the fondue pot full of broth.  It was soo yummy.  And let me just say, the presentation of the food was impeccable.  So beautiful.  It was fun to be fancy for an evening.  The fourth course, and probably worth the money we spent all by itself, was a delicious chocolate fondue.  Robbie and I have never tasted something so good.  We had dippers like strawberries, bananas, coconut covered marshmallows, cookie covered marshmallows, cheesecake, brownies, pound cake, etc.  It was the most delicious dessert I've ever had.  We decided we would be coming back in the future, either just for dessert (The dessert a la cart  is $18) or if we find a 50% off coupon in citideals.com.  It's just too expensive.  But definitely delicious.  We decided one dessert wasn't enough, so we went to Red Mango afterwards.  Red Mango froyo is my favorite!  It's hun-cal, naturally sweetend frozen yogurt and is full of probiotics. We shared a white peach (best flavor) with fresh strawberries to top it off and it was so delicious.  Food makes me happy.  A little too happy.  We laughed and had such a good time together.  It felt like we were in that dating stage again.

I love my hubby.  The past two years have been so great.  We didn't waste any time in the baby department and I wouldn't have it any other way.  He is such a great father to Brynn and a wonderful husband to me.  I couldn't ask for more.  He takes care of me, and I can see the love he has for me in his eyes every time he looks at me.  He puts up with my moods and gets up to help with Brynn in the night with no complaint.  He changes poopy diapers without whining about it and cleans my car for me (I dont know why, but I hate cleaning cars).  I can't wait for more years to come with him.  Love you Robs!

No comments:

Post a Comment