Friday, September 18, 2009

Security Blanket #2

Its true and I am not embarrassed to admit it. I did indeed sleep with my "blankie" until i was 13 years old. I would wrap it around my neck every single night no matter how blazing hot it was in the old house on Big Horn Street (no air conditioning) to prevent vampires from biting my neck. It may seem silly to you, but its better to be safe than sorry. If you could safely prevent a vampire from sucking your blood without garlic or the crucifix, [insert cliche: I can't...I'm Mormon] wouldn't you?

I thought my days of using a security blanket were over until I went shopping at Bed Bath and Beyond a couple weeks after Robbie and I got married. I found this luxurious queen size blanket that I just had to have. It is the softest thing you will ever feel. Moving on, it just so happens that I grew an attachment to this blanket very fast. I not only started using it at night on top of the comforter, but when I decided to sit in the living room, I would bring it out there. When I decided to watch the seasons of The Office on the lovesac, I would bring it there. When I wanted to sit at the computer naked and facebook, I would wrap myself in it. Now I cant sleep at night without it. Most of the time its too hot to use, but I still have to snuggle with it. I didn't take this all very seriously until last night. Robbie and I were in bed and had just said prayers when I noticed that my blanket was missing. He had hidden it and I was really worried that it had somehow got lost. It was a mild panic when I realized I might not be able to sleep with it. Then Robbie pulled it out and laughed in my face, "SECURITY BLANKET! HAHA YOU HAVE A SECURITY BLANKET!"

Yeah? Well you can go shoot yourself in the foot. I have a new "blankie" and I am proud of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment